Director of Client Relations
Ron leads our client- and community-engagement efforts, building value through appreciation, cultivation and communication. He joined the firm in 2020.
His career includes record-breaking seasons as chief fundraiser for the Kansas City Ballet, Kansas City Symphony, Houston Symphony, Phoenix Symphony and Sacramento Ballet. He spent nearly a decade with a national fundraising consulting firm, where he rose to Executive Vice President. He began his career as a sportswriter at The Kansas City Star and has worked in public relations and management consulting.
Ron is a frequent speaker at business and association conferences, and has designed and taught courses at the corporate and community-college level. He has led organizations through strategic planning, business planning and Board development, as well as guided them in their philanthropic efforts.
He has been a Scoutmaster since 1981, is an Eagle Scout, and is a recipient of the Silver Beaver, the highest recognition a local Boy Scout Council bestows on a volunteer. He is a Sagamore in Heart of America Council’s Tribe of Mic-O-Say (Kansas City).
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Political Science
- Lansing Community College, Former Adjunct Faculty
- Board of Directors: Tikkun-KC
- Former National Chair, Dance/USA Development Directors and Staff Affinity Group
- Former Board President, Global Ties KC
- Former Board President, Kansas City Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America
- Former Board of Directors, E. Claire Raley Studios for the Performing Arts (Sacramento)
- Former Board of Directors, Grand Canyon Council, Boy Scouts of America (Phoenix)
- Former Board of Directors, Michigan Board of Counseling
- Former Board of Directors, East Lansing (MI) Public Library
- Former Board of Directors, Friends of Turner-Dodge House (Lansing, MI)
- Former Peer Panelist: California Arts Council
- Former Mentor, Sacramento Regional Community Foundation
- Former Member, ArtsKC Advisory Council
- Former Member, City of Overland Park Legacy of Greenery Committee
- More than 40 awards from the Public Relations Society of America, International Association of Business Communicators and other organizations
- Accredited (APR), Public Relations Society of America