Current Opening: Human Resources Administrator
Stepp & Rothwell, Inc.
Stepp & Rothwell, Inc., is a busy, fast-paced, and growing fee-only financial planning firm. Based in Kansas City, our team of financial professionals provides unbiased, results-oriented advice, which offers our clients the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their future. Because we believe issues like financial independence, estate planning, tax planning, cash flow management, risk management, education planning, and wealth accumulation and preservation are completely interrelated, we develop client-specific strategies that encompass them all. Stepp & Rothwell is not just a money-management firm – we are focused on our clients, their happiness, and their enjoyment of life.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to help families understand their financial situations in order to make optimal, informed life decisions now and in the future.
This role is a key part of the firm’s administrative team and reports to the firm’s Ownership group. The primary duty is to oversee the day-to-day administrative aspects of human resources of the Firm, including recruiting, hiring, development, and retention and management of employees. The HR administrator will follow existing firm processes and procedures related to recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new employees, employee benefits and payroll management, employee professional development, and exiting employees.
Mature, Self-motivated, Confident, Assertive, Practical, Logical
* Experience in human resources and employee benefits
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Management or human resources
* Strong organization skills
* Ability to multitask
* Ability to take ownership of the role and work autonomously
* Outstanding leadership abilities
* Demonstrated computer literacy, including proficient use of the entire Microsoft Office suite
* Demonstrable critical thinking & business insight
* Excellent communication skills
* Time and project management skills
* Commitment to providing exceptional service to firm management and employees
* Human Resources Management
* Employee benefits
Duties And Responsibilities
* Perform all job functions in accordance with the firm’s CORPS Values
* Support and assistance to the Ownership group as needed
* Generating reports and presenting information to the Ownership group or other parties as needed
* Maintain confidentiality relating to personnel, HR, and other sensitive firm information
* Human resource management, including maintaining personnel records, oversight of the recruiting and hiring process, new employee onboarding, payroll and employee benefits management, facilitating professional development and other employee engagement initiatives, promoting a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale, and management of employee termination processes and procedures
Stepp & Rothwell is the premier “fee-only” financial planning and investment advisory firm in the Kansas City area. Our team of financial professionals provides unbiased, results-oriented advice, which offers our clients the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their future. Because we believe issues like financial independence, estate planning, tax planning, cash flow management, risk management, education planning, and wealth accumulation and preservation are completely interrelated, we develop client-specific strategies that encompass them all. We make differences in our clients’ lives every day by helping them make the very best choices about the parts of their lives that matter the most: their children’s education and support, their careers, their financial independence, their giving plans, and their ultimate legacy.
At Stepp & Rothwell, we value our employees as much as we value our clients. We recognize that each person has a unique background with different educational experiences, skills, and aptitudes. We build our business on that diversity by capitalizing on your strengths. Because we promote from within, we place a high value on personal and professional growth through external education and internal coaching and mentorship. We provide a supportive, intellectually challenging, family atmosphere in which to learn to become a real comprehensive financial advisor, not a glorified salesperson. Our compensation and benefits packages are competitive and include health and dental insurance, a generous retirement plan, and reimbursement for professional education.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and transcript to:
Amy Guerich, Partner