Amy serves as the Partner in charge of Financial Planning, a role in which she oversees our firm’s financial planning staff, policies, and procedures to maintain quality and consistency on our client teams. She also serves on client teams, working both directly with clients and with their extended families. Amy plays an integral role in helping the public understand the value of the firm’s unique brand of comprehensive, objective financial planning and frequently serves as a spokesperson on financial planning issues for WDAF-TV Fox 4 and community organizations.
Amy joined Stepp & Rothwell, Inc. as an Associate in 2006, after having completed a summer internship with the firm. She was promoted to Financial Planner in 2010, promoted to Client Experience Manager in 2014, and promoted to Partner in 2018. Amy’s varied roles in the firm give her valuable insights into the firm’s human resources needs, and she oversees all firm recruiting and hiring initiatives.
In addition to her extensive board service, Amy volunteers with several organizations, including Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City, and provides mentorship through the Kansas State University Executive Mentorship Program.
- Kansas State University, B.S., Personal Financial Planning
- Kansas City Estate Planning Society
- Starlight Board of Directors
- Kansas State University Foundation Planned Giving Council
- UMKC Friends of the Conservatory Board of Directors
- Kansas State University Institute of Personal Financial Planning Advisory Board (Past President) 2014-2020
- Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium Board of Directors (Past President) 2013-2020
- Kansas City Estate Planning Society Board of Directors 2019-2020
- Starlight Young Friends of Starlight Board of Directors, 2018-2019
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Young Friends of Art Board of Directors, 2018-2019
- Financial Planning Association of Greater Kansas City Board of Directors, 2008-2014
- St. Ann Finance Council, (Past President) 2009-2011
- AFP GKC National Philanthropy Day Spirit of Philanthropy Award (2021)
- Kansas State University College of Health and Human Sciences Rising Professionals Award (2020)
- Kansas City Business Journal – NextGen Business Leaders Award (2019)