Kathy Stepp, CPA, CFP
Kathy is a trusted financial planner and advisor for individuals and families across the United States. She founded her first financial planning firm in 1992, eventually leading to the creation of Stepp & Rothwell, Inc. in 1997. Kathy is frequently quoted in The Kansas City Star, the Kansas City Business Journal, Medical Economics magazine and Financial Planning magazine.
Kathy has served as a national spokesperson for the Citibank Mastercard and Visa consumer financial education program “Keeping Your Financial Balance,” and has appeared on CNBC and many regional television stations nationwide. Locally, she is WDAF-TV Fox 4’s financial expert and can be seen live every Monday morning, sharing financial tips that are relevant to everyone.
- Ohio State University, B.S., Business Administration (Accounting) (1988)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of CPAs
- National Association of Tax Professionals
- Kansas City Ballet, President
- Kansas City Film Office, Adviser
- Schwab Institutional Advisory Board (2008-2010)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (1994-1997)
- Various local chapters of national charities